Leaving the city was a nightmare! There were tornado warnings in Manhattan so my plane could not land to pick me up. I was suppose to leave at 6:00pm, but then they said it would be delayed till 6:45...then 7:30...then 9:30. Finally we took off for O'hare in Chicago at 10:30 pm. Needless to say I missed my connection flight to Birmingham. Aaand, the next flight wasn't until 8:30am the next morning. So, that meant I was spending the night in O'hare......aaaah! Well I tried to get some sleep, but with my purse for a pillow and my scarf for a blanket and the bright lights and the announcement every 15 minutes, "Attention passengers, there is no smoking at O'hare International Airport." I was pretty miserable. Finally I reached Birmingham at 10:30, 12 hours past my original due time. And this is what was waiting for me......



There's my plane! Finally!

Here I am coming off my plane. I see my family and I'm like, where's Matt?
And then I see him, around the corner...down on one knee.
In total shock.
I don't know what I said, or what he said. Luckily my dad videoed. I was wondering why he was holding a camera...haha!
I called my friends and they rushed over to see the new bling! (and yes I am still wearing the same outfit. And no, I have not slept at this point)
....Did I mention my luggage did not arrive. But at this point I was so happy that I didn't really care that my entire wardrobe was nowhere to be found. (we eventually found it later that day).
3 comments:
Congratulations, Natalie. I cannot believe you are actually getting married. That was SO romantic!!
Congratulations Natalie!Lauren has been telling everyone her "Mattalie" is getting Married. We are so glad you made it home safe and sound. The ring is gorgeous! I hope you will continue with your blog after you return to Auburn!
Congratulations Natalie and Matt!!
I am so happy for you....what a great summer you have had with such a perfect ending. I have goose bumps...Beautiful Ring-good job Matt.
Love you,
Anita West
Post a Comment