Sunday, July 6, 2008

Coney Island with Uncle Steve!

We started out Saturday night by going to an authentic Italian place for pizza! Then we went to see Young Frankenstein--- which was fabulous! It stars Megan Mullaly (Karen from Will and Grace). The special effects were the best of all the shows I've been to! Then, today we went to Coney Island!

Waiting on the D-train!! I couldn't believe he was here with me!!
It was about a 45 minute ride down to Coney. In case you were wondering.
World Famous Nathan's. I'm talking best hot dog ever!
Yay for being here!!
The adorable Wonder Wheel!
Looks kinda deserted, huh?

Boardwalk by the beach--so cool!
Boardwalk restaurants. Aren't they neat?!

Yummy.
There's me!
Creepy ride we did not go on!
And here it is...the whole reason for our trip! The awesome 81 year old Cyclone! So historic and neato! Uncle Steve is a rollar coaster enthusiast so we were pumped up!
It was a really fun ride, but as you can imagine after 81 years it isn't the smoothest ride. Coming down from the hills kinda hurt! We could only do it once!


The Pacific Ocean!! (I still say Alabama has the prettiest beaches in the world)
View from the beach.
Crazy people in that freezing water!
Fun facts about the Wonder Wheel. "Never a single accident in 85 years." Well that's good to know.
Here we are in the Wonder Wheel!! This is not your average relaxing Ferris Wheel. Each car is on wheels so when you get to the top you just roll over and start swinging! I felt like we were gonna fly off that thing! Scary!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw i wish i was there!! i talked to uncle steve... he said it was amazing! only 48 hours til im there!!!!!! cannot wait love -britt-

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love ferris wheels, i wouldnt go on that coster!
Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! I am back to the heat of TX. I had a fabulous time with you at Young Frankenstein, the buggy ride through NYC and at Coney Island. I can't get Nathan's Hotdogs out of my head. Memories I will NEVER forget. Love you!!!!