Supima is a cotton company that decided to hold a fashion contest for up-and-coming fashion designers. There were 25 designers in all. And guess what?.........we won!!!
The show was last Tuesday and we had spent hours and hours working on this dress! We were so ready to be done! I did most of the beading. Unfortunately I even had to go in last weekend and work on it while my friends were in town, but it was all worth it in the end---because we won!

I am now an amazing beader if anyone ever needs me to bead something--ha!
These are all Swarovski pearl and rhinestone beads!
Sergio's designs have a lot of architectural influence. Isn't this bodice intricate and beautiful? It has panels of pleated chiffon and then panels of beaded lace. It is all outlined in piping. It's a masterpiece!
And the finished product.......
I will try and get a picture of the model wearing it for ya'll---it's even more beautiful on when you can see the train in the back. (There was no time for pictures at the fashion show---too chaotic!)
This is the outfit I wore to the fashion show. It is Celestino Couture of course! I looked very professional and tailored. I was told to tell people I was Sergio's assistant and not "the intern"--ha! I wore it with some adorable Elie Tahari suede pumps. They killed my feet but I got so many complements--it was worth it!So, at the show, we stayed backstage to help our model change into our gown. We only had about 1 minute to put this huge 5 layered gown on, put her shoes on, change earrings, put on a ring, buckle the belt, and hand her a bouquet. We then had to carry the train so it wouldn't get dirty and then throw it out on the runway so it would fluff out straight. We peaked out from behind the curtains and watched the model walk down. She did great! I almost got teary eyed watching her because it was finally over and the dress looked amazing! After the show, the press was everywhere and tons of people wanted to talk to Sergio. It was so glamerous! We may have landed several sponsors for fashion week and now a lot of people will know the name Celestino!!! And I saw three people from project runway: Victoria (the Asian), Jack (the one that had to leave who had the lip thing), and Kevin (he was a judge for this show). If you watched the new season last Wednesday, Jerry, the guy that got kicked off first was in the competition with us. So, this was a great evening of networking for me!!
Afterwards I was treated to dinner by Sergio and Rusty! :)
2 comments:
Absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
Oh my goodness! How exciting!!!!!! I hope it was all worth it, and I hope you got some credit!
Post a Comment