Thursday, July 17, 2008

Girls Trip NYC part 5: the highlight

Well, we woke up at 4 a.m. got ready, packed and headed out the door at 5. I remember sarcastically mumbling when I woke up that I was gonna be the go-go dancer today. It was pouring rainwhen we left the hotel!!!! We got to the ABC studios around 6: 00 and were told that the stand by tickets for Regis and Kelly would be handed out at 7. There were only 9 people in front of us so the outlook was hopeful. 7:15 rolls around and we are still wet, cold, hungary, and in need of a bathroom. We were miserable! At 8:00 am we are begining to think this was a waste of our time, but why back out at this point? Then.. finally at about 8:40 (20 minutes before the show airs) the doors were opened!! We were in!

The chairs! We were freaking out!!Then, a lady comes out and asks if anyone would like to be the trivia-a-go-go dancer. And for some strange reason I shot my hand up before she could say "dancer." I hadn't watched Regis and Kelly since they started making the dancers were swimsuits!! She asked if I was ok with wearing a bikini. I was like.... ummm... sure?! So we went backstage and searched through the bikinis to try and find one my size. They were all really large sizes, but I wouldn't back out! I only had a few minutes to change. We practiced a few dance moves and before I knew it I was g0-g0 dancing on national television in a bikini. It was all a huge blur! It wasn't until I watched this video that I could remember what happened!

After I danced I got to shake hands with Kelly and Anderson Cooper who was filling in for Regis that day. Cooper told me congratulations. Kelly and I did that awkward celebrety kiss on the cheek thing and then, (I'll never forget this) she said "you're so adorable and tiny." And there I was thinking the same thing about her!! My life is now complete--ha!


Gilman!!!!

1 comment:

Megan Geren said...

Natalie!! What a trip...this was the best vacation ev! I'm so glad that we got to come and see you!! When you live there, New Year's Eve is at your place!!