Friday, July 4, 2008

Land of the free....home of the brave

We walked all the way from the West side to the East river to watch the giant Macy's fireworks show!! As you can imagine, it was sooo crowded. It was also rainy and I got yelled at for blocking some guy's view with my unbrella~ha~ crazy New Yorkers! But we had fun anyways!




More fireworks..
Fireworks.....
Then we started exploring the East side and we found this really cool fountain that makes it look like you are walking on water!
Amy walking on water!
I can do it too!
And then....we look across the street at what appears to be...... ummm is that what I think it is?.... OMG!!!!! Yes!!! That is a giant Hello Kitty!!
Couldn't believe our eyes!!!

The Sanrio headquarters or somethin!!
Big ol' Hello Kitty!!!

We keep walking and happen upon another cool place--- the Farari store!! (Amy loves sports cars!!)

Owwww....
"Yeah, that's my future car..."
Then.... we went to the coolest restaurant I have ever been to in my entire life!! It was called Tao. You may have seen it on Sex and the City when Carrie sees Mr. Big out with his supermodel girlfriend!! Yep, I felt just like Carrie Bradshaw!!
Tao is an Asian place complete with a 6 foot Budah, a DJ playing really loud techno music, and chocolate fortune cookies!
Then.... as I was walking home I get a very important phone call!! My bestest friend Melissa is engaged!! Yea!!
What a night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a scream of excitement- for Melissa, for coming to see you, for big Hello Kitty...everything!!!

Only a few more days until pure fun!

xoxoxoxoxo,
Amanda