Thursday, June 12, 2008

Inspirations....

My assignment for today was to go to the Met and get inspired. I was like......ok! I did get insprired! It was really wierd being alone in that huge crowded place, but I enjoyed moving around at my own pace.

On the way there, I wasn't quite brave enough to subway it so I hailed a cab. But after forking out $13 in cab fare, and $20 in museum ticketing, I decided to....(gasp)....get on the Subway and find my way back myself. I'll have you all know that I made it back to work safe and sound... oh yeah, and inspired!








I love textile and print design so this african artwork fascinated me! This design is made cempletely out of feathers!






I wasn't suppose to take pictures in the super hero exibit, but I snuck this one in. It was a really great exibit that had actually costumes from batman, spiderman, etc. It also had designer gowns that were insired by superheroes.


Aren't these amazing!? Sergio likes my african print idea. He said I could design a print, put it in photoshop and then send it to his sewing machine and it would enbrioder my design on the dress!! cool!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow cool patterns and prints, Love the one made of feathers! Hope you have fun making that dress! Miss ya!
Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Hello Natalie
Your mom just gave me your blog and it looks great. We are so proud of you and can't wait to hear all the things you will be doing! We are praying for you safety and memorable moments!
Blessings
Mrs. Susan
P.S. Thanks for your work in VBS!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! Sounds like you are having the time of your life! Can't wait to see some of yur designs. Ralph and Tommy had better watch out. :O) Keep the pics coming. I love seeing NYC through your eyes.

Love you!
Uncle Steve

Beth Gregory said...

Natalie
You have accomplished one of the hardest task in New York City... The Subway! I am so proud of you! I love the cool prints you picked out! Have fun and keep Safe!