Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ok, I mean, come on.... Seriously?

So today was another fabulous day in NYC. Sergio had to 2 interviews today and I got to go along and assist/model for him. I got to try on several Celestino couture dresses (were talking like $2,000 dresses) and I chose an adorable sliver and black one to wear. The first place we went was in the Meat Packing District among all the designer boutiques! The hair product company called Bumble and Bumble sponsors about 10 designers each year at fahion week. Sergio was in the running to be one of those designers which means Bumble and Bumble would pay for the runway space and production of his fashion show. I learned that this typically costs $10-20,000 for a designer including models and make-up and everything so this was a huge deal! I was nervous, but basically all I had to do was stand there and look pretty. Next, we got to go to the penthouse suite of the Thompson hotel (super super nice hotel) for another interview. This time, Sergio was trying to get into a design competition where the winner gets free press for fashion week. One of the judges in the competition was Kevin from Project Runway and I got to meet him! (Kevin is the one from this past season who is kinda short and has spiky black hair and a goatee).
On a side note, what makes the McDonald's in New York better than the one at home? They Deliver!!! So last night the Webster's food was not so great so I called up McDonalds and had them bring me a happy meal. That was fun.
Well, I love yall and miss yall sooooo much!!
Best, (as they say in NYC)
Natalie

No comments: